well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tanis site ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanis site ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
BBC special ...

Several years ago I remember reading about the fossil discoveries at the Tanis site in Montana. I think its actual location was hidden at that point to deter "hunters." This was where fish had been discovered that had the glass spherules from the Chicxulub asteroid preserved in their gills.

Now we have much more.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That’s really interesting. I’ve been wanting to explore that part of the country more, the landscape is fascinating over there and completely different from here. Haven’t done it for fun yet, just passed through on our way to (and back) from our very snowy, buggy and expensive brief stint in Maine.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"The limb, complete with skin, is just one of a series of remarkable finds emerging from the Tanis fossil site in the US State of North Dakota."

The Hell Creek name seems to get around. Hell Creek show us in Montana, North and South Dakota, and Colorado. The pioneer must have liked the name.

Article states that the show will be April 15. It does not appear on the schedule for BBC HD that I get. If anyone finds it on the schedule, please let me know.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I think it was done by the BBC for Apple+. Hopefully it'll be available for streaming at some point.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Fascinating! And the article states that a version of the program will be on Nova eventually.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post