well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Aldi wine bargain

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aldi wine bargain
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Got an Aldi near you?

Adventure Series 2019 Chianti. Real Chianti character, deep flavors. $5. I've had $30 Chiantis that were not this good.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13582 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ll check it out!

Meanwhile, Drugmart has smokin’ deal on 19 Crimes out of Australia.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Drugmart
Oh boy, I haven’t heard that name in a long while. Then again, haven’t been to Ohio in a long while (not counting airport transit).

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12704 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
CVS meets Big Lots with a side of corner grocery.

One of the strangest stores I’ve ever been in.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sounds good! And a real bargain.

I visited a wine shop in Manhattan today that Carries only organic wines from small producers. None of the labels were familiar. Some unusual grape varieties. So I bought a couple of sub-$20 bottles. I will let you know how they turn out.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13830 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
So I stopped by my local ALDI's, then realized that it doesn't have a liquor license. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12704 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mr wtg bought a bottle and said it was OK, but he prefers some similarly priced wines he buys at TJs...

https://www.reversewinesnob.co...oulot-cabernet-syrah

https://www.reversewinesnob.co...-malbec-reserva.html

https://www.wine-searcher.com/...ley+chile/1/usa-il-y

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38008 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Hmmph.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

You two may just have different taste in wine, which is why I posted the ones that he buys on a semi-regular basis.

I'm not drinking these days, so I don't get a vote.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38008 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
If I were really miffed I'd be talking about hamsters and elderberries. Big Grin

I like the first one a lot. The other two I have not seen yet. But it's awfully nice to be able to get enjoyable wine for $5.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Updating from my Apr. 7 post above (wines from the fancy Manhattan shop) — they were both Italian. The cheaper one was actually more to my liking, very good indeed and only $11 I think.

On a side note, I am glad we are gradually withdrawing from the long-running fad for inky, dense, sweetish “fruit bomb” wines. They now remind me of cough syrup. But they’re still immensely popular.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13830 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Me too. I prefer the balance and restraint of European wines, by and large. The big fruit bombs make my palate tired. Too high alcohol too.