well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Do any of you have Gatsby aspirations?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do any of you have Gatsby aspirations?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Didn't even buy a ticket for the $500,000,000 Powerball.
It is Wednesday. Maybe it I hurry.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25735 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering whether there's not a huge catch, like perhaps it's not on sewer and the property can't get a permit for a septic tank because of proximity to the beach.

Honestly, I'd think that the property with the private beach in that upscale area would be worth more than they're asking.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15522 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
I'm wondering whether there's not a huge catch, like perhaps it's not on sewer and the property can't get a permit for a septic tank because of proximity to the beach.

Honestly, I'd think that the property with the private beach in that upscale area would be worth more than they're asking.

It is. Which is why I'm thinking teardown. Would be sad.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21366 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Asking price seems very cheap for that area.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13831 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
$20K in taxes on a $600K house?

That's four times what one would pay here, and I thought our property taxes were high.

If that house and yard were in my town the taxes would be 60k, maybe 70k. But my county has the highest property taxes in the US.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post