well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Piano cover question

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano cover question
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
My cats just love to hang around on the piano, so I think I need a cover for it. Has anyone bought one? Is it easy to pull it off the keyboard when I want to play? are they true to size? My reasonably priced options are 180cm (mine is 185cm) or 200cm.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
When we were in Maine, the piano had to be next to a north facing window, which meant the cats would get on it to look out. I covered it with a thick bed quilt, just to protect it, they did not get on the keyboard area, so I was able to leave that part uncovered. Now its in a place where they don’t feel they need to be, so they have stayed off of it.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what price range you're trying to stay within, but I've had pretty good luck with American Piano Covers https://www.americanpianocover...and_piano_cover.html

Fit and such is good. Easy enough to remove, or pull part way up for playing. Obviously muffles the sound a bit if you keep it on when playing, but some Young Chang products can be on the bright side (though Prambergers less so), so that's not always a bad thing.

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Good memory, CT!

Thanks. We have a burgundy tablecloth up there now, but they can pull it off easily enough when they are in a hurry and miss the jump, clawing at the sides.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post
Sure thing. It may be worth asking which material seems to hold up best to cats. Perhaps a cover made of aluminum foil and cucumbers.

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post