well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Are you decorating?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you decorating?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
We are decorating less than normal... But we don't have outdoor spaces.

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I decorated inside for the first time in years last year. I plan to do the same again this year.

Pics to follow in due time....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yes! I put up the main tree in the piano room, a little one in the family room, a wreath on the door and one inside (because we have two and why waste a good wreath!)

I have a small tree with lights that I might put in my home-office.

We do not have anything outside though (beyond the wreath on the door). I don't think we have an outlet outside anywhere in the front of the house... I know we have one in the back though...

I don't think we'll do outdoor lights this year, but eventually I want to add that to the decorating line-up. Need to research....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yes. We're downsizing our tree, because the need for pandemic-spurred home exercise equipment has crowded out our big tree, but the rest of the interior decor will probably be comparable. Well, maybe a little less, but we're doing more outside this year. Some of the trees that came with all that new landscaping look like Christmas trees, so we might as well decorate them!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
We are contemplating a tree. Up on a tall box. With a 40 pound weight in the base. And no decorations on the bottom three feet.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From this week's LOLcritters:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Weird year. We normally go all out - decorations everywhere, 7 kinds of cookies, big tree, big gatherings.

But not this year. Neither one of us is in to it. No one to see it but us and we’ve seen it before. Everything stays in the rafters.

But Sharon wants to do a little something and has decided to do up a small retro tree with “Shiny Bright” ornaments from eBay. She remembers them from childhood and so do I.

If it’s small enough I’ll put it in the trailer when we spend Christmas in the beach.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
a small retro tree with “Shiny Bright” ornaments

I love Shiny Bright ornaments! Please share photos!!

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sad thing is we sold a bunch of Shiny Bright ornaments at the hoarder house garage sale and now she’s buying some at 2X what we sold them for.

No big deal though, we’re talking about maybe $15.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
My tree shrank a bit this year ...

(note from wtg: I resized the pic....seems that images from FB can't be loaded directly into postimages, so I had to save it to my computer locally and then upload the saved version from my computer to postimages. I think I had to do that with your Tgiving photo but I forgot to mention that step in my explanation.)

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I just bought a bunch of Shiny Bright ornaments at the end-of-season sale last year!

I think our downsized tree will be all Shiny Bright, although your mention of "retro" now makes me wish I'd gotten a silver tree. We didn't have one, but my aunt and uncle did and I thought it was SO COOL.

It's not too late to get Amazon to ship me one, if I can figure out where to put it. Maybe in my office...

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I have tons of vintage Shiny Brite ornaments. By vintage, I mean they are about as old as I am....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
I just bought a bunch of Shiny Bright ornaments at the end-of-season sale last year!

I think our downsized tree will be all Shiny Bright, although your mention of "retro" now makes me wish I'd gotten a silver tree. We didn't have one, but my aunt and uncle did and I thought it was SO COOL.

It's not too late to get Amazon to ship me one, if I can figure out where to put it. Maybe in my office...

Does it come with the light wheel? It's not the complete retro package without a light wheel.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sad thing is we sold a bunch of Shiny Bright ornaments at the hoarder house garage sale and now she’s buying some at 2X what we sold them for.

Isn't that always how things go?!!

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have decided no tree this year. I am on my own and just not into it this year. Shrug

I do have my front window sill up with small ceramic houses (unlike Ron's, mine are all white).

But I will have to take them down tomorrow. I am in the midst of a large house reno and tomorrow the new windows and siding arrive.

I did put up some greens and berry arrangements in old buckets for the porch. As the carpenters have been rebuilding it, I can move them around.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post