well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cyber war preps?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cyber war preps?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I just got my big generator running in order to sell it and free up space.

The little generator will run the furnace but not the ‘fridge. Maybe I’ll hang on to the big generator for a while.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Could be far worse than a few cyber attacks shortly.

The US has seemingly just green-lighted transferring jets from NATO arsenals (Poland, for instance) to Ukraine. We would then backfill Poland's needs with new equipment.

I read there’s something like 70 MIGs in NATO arsenal. Ukrainians already know how to fly and fix them. NATO can be backfilled with US technology. I’m surprised this didn’t happen weeks ago.

Well, the US side seems to think the simple method of transferring planes is way too risky ...

US Nixes Polish plan to Give Migs to US for transfer

quote:
The idea as laid out by Poland was too risky, Kirby said, as the US and NATO seek to avoid an outright conflict between the alliance and Russia.

"The prospect of fighter jets 'at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America' departing from a U.S./NATO base in Germany to fly into airspace that is contested with Russia over Ukraine raises serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance," Kirby said.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post