well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Madame VP-elect

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Madame VP-elect
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
I am feeling very, very emotional right now. So many things to be happy about and relieved about. And inspired about. I came across this image and I think my heart might burst.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18599 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I know!! Just one more step up the ladder.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I know!! Just one more step up the ladder.
Let us all hope that if Kamala Harris is elevated to President by the incapacitation or demise of Joe Biden that it happens with less than two years remaining in his term.

Then she can be re-elected twice.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that the law??? Did not know that.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18599 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
She is going to need a lot of time to come up to speed. She sometimes says and does the wrong thing and becomes a lightning rod.

I suggest that he deem her head of the economic recovery initiative. The economy will be roaring in 4 years, so she will have a good case for her own presidential candidacy. And she is not that strong on economic issues, so being tasked with that and given the best advisors ought to bring her along.

And I hope Biden is smart enough to have his corona virus task force run by, you know, scientists.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

Is that the law??? Did not know that.
One can be elected twice and serve a maximum of two additional years, but only by serving out the term of another. It's spelled out in the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution.

LBJ served out less than 24 months of JFK's term, then was re-elected once. He planned to run again in 1968, but decided not to because his health was declining and he thought he would not be able to serve another four years. Then RFK was assassinated, and Humphrey ran and lost to Nixon. As it happened, Johnson died two days after what would have been the last day of his second full term.

Nixon was elected in 1968 and again in 1972, then resigned in August 1974. Ford served out two years and 164 days of Nixon's second term, so he could only have been (re-)elected once. But, Ford lost to Carter in 1976.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
She is fantastic. Loved her book.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17690 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24769 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Let's be honest. For some members of the public (and more than we expected, given this election), a biracial woman president would be a disaster.

I think Kamala Harris is great, but from a political standpoint for her to be a viable presidential candidate in 2024 would mean that the Biden administration hits it out of the park. She (Harris) will have two strikes against her before she even enters the race. I wish that weren't so, but reality makes me think it will be a problem.

Put me on the record for Harris 2024, though, because I like her and that would also mean that the Biden administration is successful.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
She might have been my near-last choice of the many candidates we could have chosen. She really turned me off. I'd love to have a woman president but that would have been Warren, not Harris. If Biden dies in office and she becomes president, we will have a backlash from racists that will make the reaction to Obama look like a walk in the park. Though I didn't vote for Biden in the primaries, I soon came to see he was our best shot at ousting Trump, but I really hope we are not running Kamala in four years. She can't win.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21359 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Much of the Trump vote was backlash to having a black president.
"We have to get rid of that N... president." came from the mouth of a man I have known all my life. He is now a popular state representative.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post