well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The RSV Vaccine works!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The RSV Vaccine works!
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
Mrs. Mark picked up a virus and has been miserable, coughing and hacking for over a week now. I thought, "great, now I'm going to get sick too."

But no! I got the RSV vaccine last month and it appears to be doing its job very well. I had a very minor sore throat for the past couple of days, and that's all but gone now.

Come to find out that RSV is making its way through the neighborhood.

Vaccines ftw!

Posts: 13637 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Mrs. Mark is sick.

What does "RSV" mean?

Posts: 24795 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I need to go get my vax. RSV goes through my grandson’s preschool fairly regularly.

Thanks for the reminder! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34991 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
[ RSV

I’ve only recently heard of it but it’s become a big deal in schools. When Jack got it last year and had to go to the hospital, Cleveland Clinic was sending kids to other hospitals because they ran out of space in the children’s wards. Bad cases are pretty scary - Jack was in oxygen for several days.

It affects adults too and I’m glad there is a vax now. I am a 100% sold on the value of vaccinations and get every one available as soon as I’m due.

Posts: 34991 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I'm sorry Mrs. Mark is sick.

What does "RSV" mean?

quote:
Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus, or RSV, is a common respiratory virus that usually causes mild, cold-like symptoms. Most people recover in a week or two, but RSV can be serious. Infants and older adults are more likely to develop severe RSV and need hospitalization.

Source

Posts: 13637 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mrs. Mark is sick. Hope she gets better quickly!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm getting two shingles vaccinations. I forget the brand name. My pharmacy sent a text. I called my pharmacist who said it's covered by my insurance.

I'm glad because I've heard from people who got severe cases and were miserable.

Posts: 24795 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hope Mrs. Mark gets better soon!

I'm still under the age for the rsv vax, but I really need to make time to get the shingles vaccine. I know it's going to knock me out, so I've been putting it off. I should make it a point to get the first and second shot this summer...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope the Mrs. is well soon. Hope you remain clear of it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I hope Mrs. Mark starts to improve quickly.

I got my RSV vaccine in the fall. Yet another disease I had not heard of until fairly recently. One of those things with a small chance of a very bad outcome, so why not take advantage of new technology.

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
She is going to convenient care this afternoon. It's been over a week and her cough is not getting any better. Need to make sure it's not pneumonia or something else more serious.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I hope she gets better soon.

Mary Anna and I went through the barrage of vaccines this fall. I have to spread them out because I tend to react badly to them.

Posts: 45769 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Dr. says not RSV but, bacterial sinusitis. Not contagious. I probably have allergies seeing it's freaking 61f / 16c on February 22nd in Wisconsin!