well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Last Minute Jan 6 Hearing
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Minute Jan 6 Hearing
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Oooo..this could be good. Tomorrow at 1pm

Last Minute Hearing

You can watch here live..on Youtube

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oohhhh, boy.....

popcorn

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
How many more times do we need to hear that he is a fully grown toddler. He smashes plates and throws ketchup on the wall. His supporters won't think this is a big issue. It will reinforce that he doesn't tolerate "bull sh!t" and "weak people."

Mary Trump said all of this. So have many others.

Even the "revelations" that he did everything he could to ensure violence on Jan. 6 aren't really new. The fact that he tried to "wrest the steering wheel" in order to join his "people" will be seen on the other side as a sign of virtue.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A 25 year old assistant with more guts and brains than the lot of them.

Remarkable.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mulvaney's tweets in reaction to today's hearing:

https://twitter.com/MickMulvaney

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The best tweet from Mulvaney was this one:

My guess is that before this is over, we will be hearing testimony from Ornato, Engle, and Meadows.

This is explosive stuff. If Cassidy is making this up, they will need to say that. If she isn't they will have to corroborate.

I know her. I don't think she is lying.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Also this one:

quote:
Cheney's closing is stunning: they think they have evidence of witness tampering and obstruction of justice.

There is an old maxim: it's never the crime, it's always the coverup.

Things went very badly for the former President today. My guess is that it will get worse from here

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mick sums it up:

quote:
A stunning 2 hours:

1)Trump knew the protesters had guns
2)He assaulted his own security team
3)There may be a line from ProudBoys to the WH
4)Top aides asked for pardons
5)The commission thinks they have evidence of witness tampering.

That is a very, very bad day for Trump.

And I'd add, in the "Somewhat Interesting" category, that the Cabinet was considering invoking the 25th Amendment...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From Fox News:

quote:
Fox News obtained a statement from January 6 Committee witness, former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows aide Cassidy Hutchinson.

The statement was issued on behalf of Cassidy Hutchinson by her counsel Jody Hunt and William Jordan:

"Ms. Hutchinson is justifiably proud of her service to the country as a Special Assistant to the President. While she did not seek out the attention accompanying her testimony today, she believes that it was her duty and responsibility to provide the Committee with her truthful and candid observations of the events surrounding January 6. Ms. Hutchinson believes that January 6 was a horrific day for the country, and it is vital to the future of our democracy that it not be repeated."

quote:
Bret Baier on Trump disputing Hutchinson's Jan. 6 testimony: "She's under oath, he's on Truth Social"

Anchor of "Special Report" and Fox News chief political correspondent Bret Baier discusses Tuesday's January 6 Committee testimony: "Very compelling from beginning to end."

Their coverage of this hearing is dominating their home page; it's like half the page....unlike previous hearings when there was basically nothing....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The Toddler responds:

quote:
"I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her (a total phony and 'leaker'), and when she requested to go with certain others of the team to Florida after my having served a full term in office, I personally turned her request down," Trump said. "Why did she want to go with us if she felt we were so terrible? I understand that she was very upset and angry that I didn’t want her to go, or be a member of the team. She is bad news!"

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
He "hardly knew her" yet "personally turned her request down." Hmmm.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Political theater.

The Democrats are headed for a fall.

I predict the House will flip and then the presidency.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What the administration insiders are saying:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28...6-hearing/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Political theater.

The Democrats are headed for a fall.

I predict the House will flip and then the presidency.

Add the Senate, too.

This is not new news and has nothing to do with these hearings. The Dems have been in trouble for months. Most people are understandably concerned about issues facing them in their daily lives and are putting the blame on the current administration... Inflation, gas prices, stock market....pick your poison.

But someone has to address what the Toddler-in-Chief (TIC) did and tried to do. Cheney and Kinzinger are basically giving up their political futures, at least for some time to come, in order to pursue this investigation.

I doubt that they view this as political theater.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I keep saying this-- Trump was impeached over this. I doubt the electorate views these hearings as doing anything to address a myriad of problems that aren't being addressed competently.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post