well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Damn. 37 month streak broken
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damn. 37 month streak broken
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed that you're on the mend!

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15514 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I don't want to count chickens or anything but I think I'm on the mend.

My fever peaked last night, and I woke up a sweaty mess at 3 am, but then at 6 I woke up fine with a normal temperature. I have other lingering symptoms but I really think the worst is behind me. I'll go out for a walk today for sure.

I remember that!

Fingers crossed that you have indeed crossed that threshold.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jon, this sounds like a good development, fingers crossed for you!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18567 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I hope your assessment of your condition is correct. You've been one of the people I know about whom I've been most concerned.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Good news, Jon! I'm also immunocompromised due to medication and I've been crazy paranoid about catching COVID. I'm one of the few people I know who haven't caught it but I assume it's just a matter of time.

Here's hoping you're past the worst of it. Smiler

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Not to jinx anybody, jon, but that sure sounds like promising news! (Many crossed fingers - crossed fingers certainly is a missing emoticon...)

And Nina, I share my concern and commiseration with you for your immunocompromising medicine and whatever precipitated it. Not to pry (but just to express my noticing), I did catch a glimpse a ways back of your alluding to a worrying medical development.

Wishing you all the best exiting from whatever you're up against - and (of course) your continuing to dodge the Covid. (Saw an article recently recommending another booster for folks who are especially vulnerable to the on-going plague.)

You've probably been following all such bulletins closely, but just in case...FYI.)

High five both you guys!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't want to count chickens or anything but I think I'm on the mend.

My fever peaked last night, and I woke up a sweaty mess at 3 am, but then at 6 I woke up fine with a normal temperature. I have other lingering symptoms but I really think the worst is behind me. I'll go out for a walk today for sure.

Keyboard Jam

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Just take it slowly. I felt better for a few days (no fever) and then came down with a fever again.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Jodi - were you on any antiviral?

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
No, I got it in March of 2020 after being quarantined with (and taking care of) Steve (who tested positive) for over two weeks. They didn’t know what to do for us and they didn’t want us anywhere near the hospital unless Steve couldn’t breath. I didn’t test positive, but didn’t test a second time because I hadn’t been outside the house for over two weeks before I got sick, and so we knew that’s what is was. I took antibiotics and Tylenol. I had some hydroxychloroquine, but Steve had had such a hard time with it that I didn’t take it. (I also had a tube of ivermectin in the garage for my horse but didn’t take that either, lol, though I don’t even think they were talking about ivermectin yet back then.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Yeah I remember. I thought perhaps you were referring to a more recent diagnosis.

This variant - I believe it’s the new “Arcturus” strain of omicron - is so different from what you had I’m not sure how worried I should be.

By the way, one advantage of having an outbreak at a scientific conference is invariably one of the people that gets it will sequence his own virus. I should know in a few days if I got this new strain. It’s supposed to be more transmissible than ‘regular’ omicron.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:

By the way, one advantage of having an outbreak at a scientific conference is invariably one of the people that gets it will sequence his own virus.

Big Grin

It's hard to keep up, but transmissible doesn't mean virulent. My armchair understanding is that the bivalent vax is still pretty good at providing protection even if you get one of the variants.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
This variant - I believe it’s the new “Arcturus” strain of omicron - is so different from what you had I’m not sure how worried I should be.

I did wonder about that. I was so sure I had it again in the fall of 2021, and then again this past cold and flu season, but I’ve never ever tested positive for it, so maybe I really have not had it since 2020. Slightly off topic: It seems like every respiratory virus I have caught has nailed me way worse than they used to, pre-covid. (Or maybe that’s just what happens when you get older)

Smiler Jodi

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s supposed to be more transmissible than ‘regular’ omicron.

Which was significantly more transmissible than Delta ...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I kind of like the name Arcturus. Who does the names?

Jon glad you are feeling better. How do you think you got it?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post