well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Damn. 37 month streak broken
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damn. 37 month streak broken
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel ok for now.

I hope this continues!!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18569 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Best of luck with this, Jon.

Yup, people are still getting it. So I feel less like a weirdo for masking up.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, jon.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Best of luck with this, Jon.

Yup, people are still getting it. So I feel less like a weirdo for masking up.

A friend in Arizona got it for the first time last week. He sounds awful.

Everywhere I go, almost no one is masked (except me and Mary Anna and maybe a few cashiers) any longer.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I see more people with masks than you might expect. There are always a few students wearing them. At some stores, a lot of clerks are wearing them. They are definitely in the minority, but still there.

I continue to wear a mask while teaching, in stores, and in any situation where there are a lot of people. When I get to work, I put on a mask to go into my building and to ride the elevator. Then I'm maskless in my office, and I don't require people to wear a mask when they come to talk to me.

It's an imperfect system, but based on the rule that I'll put on my mask when there are more people around.

So I've continued to do that, and I suppose I'll continue this way for the foreseeable future.

Posts: 18569 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jon, how are you feeling?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Jon, how are you feeling?

Not worse, except maybe more muscle fatigue. Tylenol still keeping the symptoms somewhat in check. Nights kind of suck, I can’t sleep well, and time just crawled. I’m on day 2 of my antiviral.

But if it stays like this and resolves in a few days I’ll consider myself fortunate.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Low grade fever?

Posts: 12544 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Yes, well controlled by Tylenol for 80% of the time a dose is supposed to last.

So every six hours I suffer for 90m or so. I try to nap then.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hmm, sounds mild-ish so far although not fun. I hope the trend of mild symptoms continues and that you are better quickly!

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sorry you broke your great record, jon, but as uncomfortable as things are it sounds pretty encouraging all in all.

May your antivirals continue to kick in as well as thus far. Glad nothing contraindicates them - pretty remarkable considering your heavy duty medication load.

I take your report as evidence that apart from THE surgery which has been the concern all along, you are a pretty darn healthy specimen!

Hope your boy isn't seriously stewing in worry (which would be only natural, but hopefully short-lived and reassured by your sturdy response so far). I'm sure Rachel is bolstering his morale, at this trying time.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I’m really sorry to hear. I hope you are over it soon.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Hope for a mild case and then a resumption good health! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
How are you doing, Jon?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I don't want to count chickens or anything but I think I'm on the mend.

My fever peaked last night, and I woke up a sweaty mess at 3 am, but then at 6 I woke up fine with a normal temperature. I have other lingering symptoms but I really think the worst is behind me. I'll go out for a walk today for sure.