well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    No. Just No. Not a Cheese Shortage!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No. Just No. Not a Cheese Shortage!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45751 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Don said the local market in Co. was very low on diary products.
Was told the truck has not shown and may not.

A strategic reserve for blue cheese seems to be absolutely necessary.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Aren't we fortunate that we can actually adjust our food choices to shift away from items in short supply (with rapidly rising prices) toward other items that are more easily produced ...

Big Grin

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Apparently the truck that brings cheese from Tillamook to my Costco is running just fine. The milk pallet was a bit low, but I was there late in the afternoon. I didn't look for cream cheese.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I sense that it's our reliance on big suppliers, who may be halfway across the country, that is at least part of the problem.

But if I am in NY City and I want cheese from a boutique cheese maker in the Hudson Valley, I can probably find it.

And of course, bagel shop owners need cream cheese by the ton; they can't rely on the small guys, so they are stuck.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13816 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post