well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The perfect little MCM ranch
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The perfect little MCM ranch
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
AdagioM, I'm sorry to hear this news. It must be blessing for him to have you and your children. Best wishes with your house decisions. It sounds like you have a very nice home. :heart:

Posts: 25196 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. AM was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease last year, so these are all things that we’re thinking about. (His symptoms are mild and he’s doing well. We’re just thinking ahead.)

I didn't know that, I'm sorry to hear it, but very glad he's doing well!

Planning to facilitate one-level living is a smart idea though. Good luck, remodeling is always stressful!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18850 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I think this one exhibits good taste--as far as this aesthetic goes. Not my style.

What I really dislike about this house is the exterior white. Charcoal, stark white, and lime green of the bushes are jarring and stabbing to my eyes. So cold. Also, the ubiquitous recessed lighting. Ugh. I didn't notice a single lamp in the living areas.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
AdagioM, So sorry to hear the news. Best wishes for the best of everything.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
the ubiquitous recessed lighting

Our new house has some recessed lighting. Not a lot so it's not too bad. But I don't get the appeal. I much prefer a regular ceiling light and lamps.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18850 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The health issues that we all face as we age can be a challenge. Wishing you and Mr AM all the best, AdagioM.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38206 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Back to real estate, Zillow estimates the value of my home at a
1/4 million dollars. What on earth?! They made a creepy photo montage too. They combined pictures from before we moved in, with a picture of our new air-conditioning unit, with one outside photo that isn't my home. They had someone walk on the property and take a picture of my air
-conditioner. Are these people to be believed?

Home prices in my neighborhood have reached the stratosphere and this would the case if their estimate were off by 50%.

Off the market? They got that right.

I hate the real estate industry and I despise real estate agents.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Posts: 25196 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Mr. AM. I hope things progress very slowly or perhaps not at all. Comfort

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post