Find
Notify
Tools

Colbert
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
Martha and I have taken to watching the previous nights monologue on YouTube at lunch. Very funny, and Jon Baptiste is a bonus.

Any other fans?

Jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Politics aside, I cannot abide his sophomoric humor and his 'hey, aren't I great?' mugging.

Too bad. He's a smart guy and I enjoy him in interviews.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I love him.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Politics aside, I cannot abide his sophomoric humor and his 'hey, aren't I great?' mugging.

Too bad. He's a smart guy and I enjoy him in interviews.

I suppose I am too not sophisticated but I lov,e the sophomoric humor and think he carries it perfectly.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
After many years of near-on fawning idolatry, I'm getting a big tired of Trevor Noah. Trevor Noah the person is someone I still admire without reservation--but The Daily Show is getting so stale. I'm not sure if that's fair or if it's my particular version of Covid fatigue. I'm just tired of listening to depressing jokes.

But if someone tells me to give it a try again, I likely will. Soon. I swear. In the meantime, I have to finish this episode of "emily in Paris." ROTFLMAO

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I like Colbert’s monologues and the Meanwhile segments. And Jon Batiste. But beyond that, it’s usually the same boring celebrity interviews.

And the Colbert Questionnert — why on earth ask the same bunch of questions to each guest? It’s just lazy, predictable, and the guests can rehearse their answers.

Earlier on, he had Yo-Yo Ma and that brilliant Black ballet dancer. And the LA Phil brass section playing Aaron Copland. What happened to all that? He’s underestimating his audience.

I may be pining for the days of Dick Cavett and Tom Snyder.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
After many years of near-on fawning idolatry, I'm getting a big tired of Trevor Noah. Trevor Noah the person is someone I still admire without reservation--but The Daily Show is getting so stale. I'm not sure if that's fair or if it's my particular version of Covid fatigue. I'm just tired of listening to depressing jokes.

But if someone tells me to give it a try again, I likely will. Soon. I swear. In the meantime, I have to finish this episode of "emily in Paris." ROTFLMAO

Emily in Paris is my current treadmill incentive.

omg Eiffel Tower

Eeker

ROTFLMAO

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Seth Meyers is the most fun. I watch the first 10 minutes and that’s enough.

I am also weary of Trevor Noah. John Oliver is also fading.

And I never forgave Colbert for leaving his Comedy Central show.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post