well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Most Watched Things on Broadcast Television

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Most Watched Things on Broadcast Television
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
The NFL is king.

my angel poem

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I expected to see a lot of football, but not that much!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My 30 seconds of analysis thinking on this: broadcast TV is total garbage. It's all reality stuff where people make fools of themselves or get into fights. Sports, while reality, is at least unscripted and doesn't make you feel like you have to take a shower afterward.

There's some great stuff on TV, but not on the free networks.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
My 30 seconds of analysis thinking on this: broadcast TV is total garbage. It's all reality stuff where people make fools of themselves or get into fights. Sports, while reality, is at least unscripted and doesn't make you feel like you have to take a shower afterward.

There's some great stuff on TV, but not on the free networks.

It all started with the writers strike, when networks decided they didn’t need writers any more. Broadcast TV has been a reality show wasteland ever since.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post