well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Good kitty!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good kitty!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
A security camera captured the moment an adopted household Cat saved a one-year-old baby from falling down a steep flight of stairs.

Gatubela, the Siamese Cat isn’t just looking out for her own nine lives.

In a video captured by an office security camera in Bogota, Colombia on October 31, one-year-old baby Samuel León can be seen crawling around outside of his crib, when suddenly the little baby began heading for the doorway which immediately led to a steep flight of stairs.

Springing into action, Gatubela pounced on the boy, and forcefully pushed him back from the 12-step stairwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcpEnpitzHw

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Wow!!! I guess cats don't hate us after all! Ole

In all seriousness though, the relationship between pets and their humans never ceases to amaze me.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18543 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
And our cat woke us up to a fire starting in our house...in the days before smoke alarms were widespread.

Awhile back there was a viral video of a cat protecting a toddler from attack by a pit bull...filmed by security cameras.

I know you were kidding about cats hating us, SK, but there are still people who misunderstand them.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13816 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know you were kidding about cats hating us, SK, but there are still people who misunderstand them.

It's kind of hard to resist the chance to take advantage of the "cats are jerks" stereotype, but I know they're good pets. Yes

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18543 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post