well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Time to switch culinary gears
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to switch culinary gears
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Autumn has officially arrived. Rainy and cool weather means I'm inside more. Time for soup!

Made this cream of mushroom soup yesterday with the Mycopia mushroom assortment from Costco. It's a one pound package, less than called for in the recipe. I used the Better Than Bouillon mushroom base to make a mushroom stock instead of using chicken stock. Worked out perfectly.

Five stars.

https://www.onceuponachef.com/...f-mushroom-soup.html

Also made applesauce. Love the aroma of apples and cinnamon as they cook down.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Made black bean soup last week and bought the stuff for Mediterranean fish soup next week. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Going to make Hungarian mushroom soup. Smoked paprika, sour cream, milk. Awesome every time.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I love soups of all kinds. I just bought a bag of red lentils to try a NY Times recipe.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
A new Vietnamese place opened close to us - Pho for lunch!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Made this potato, leek, and celeriac soup earlier in the week. Another winner. I grew the potatoes and shallots, and Farmer John provided the leeks and celeriac. I also baked some sourdough bread to go with it.

https://www.joskitchenlarder.c...otato-celeriac-soup/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Costco was selling the multipacks of chicken breasts for $7 off a package, so I nabbed one. Made this Chicken Marsala yesterday.

https://www.onceuponachef.com/...chicken-marsala.html

It was soooo good....

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Going to make Hungarian mushroom soup. Smoked paprika, sour cream, milk. Awesome every time.

Yes

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
This might be a summer soup (corn) but I use frozen corn anyway.

Spicy corn and coconut soup

Full of fabulous Thai flavor.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sharon made this recipe last week:

Marry Me Chicken

The pan sauce was delicious!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

Saved this one to use soon! Thanks!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yup Last night was Venison Tenderloin with Blackberry wine sauce, Brown Butter Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes and green beans with hazelnuts.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

Saved this one to use soon! Thanks!

It’s so good! We served it with California rolls on the side.

Spicy Corn and Coconut Soup NYTimes by pianomom2001, on Flickr

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Sharon made this recipe last week:

Marry Me Chicken

The pan sauce was delicious!

Both of us really liked this! I think I would add some mushrooms next time. But we're big fans of mushrooms...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm in search of two things: a good lentil soup recipe that's got some flavor beyond the lentils, and a good borscht recipe.

Does anyone have any they'd recommend?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post