well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Drone photography - looking up

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drone photography - looking up
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Photographer Chris Hytha ventures to the tops of historic skyscrapers by way of drone photography. A recent architecture school graduate, his love of buildings is reflected in his images, and they highlight incredible façades created over a century ago. Hytha focuses his drone on the final floors leading to the structure's spire. In doing so, he showcases sculptures that sit atop it as well as the gilding and signage that makes the skyscraper an iconic part of a city skyline.

https://mymodernmet.com/chris-...placement=newsletter

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting those pictures.

I noticed many years ago that the most interesting parts of many high-rise buildings were near the top. A lot of them are not noticed when looking up from street level. I used to spend time seeking out viewpoints that let me take photos of these buildings, sometimes from publicly accessible structures such as parking garages and sometimes with the aid of longer telephoto lenses. Access with drones adds a whole new level of accessibility and allows aerial viewpoints that are usually only viewed by birds like pigeons.

I've speculated that the attention given to ornamenting the highest portion of high-rise buildings was driven in part by the fact that the buildings were taller than their neighbors when built but perhaps more importantly because the design decisions were based on architectural renderings that separated the buildings from their surroundings, allowing the proposed ornamentation to be readily seen.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I really love the possibilities that drone photography provides, especially for architectural photography. I really love the images in the link. Thanks for posting it!

Brian Day, a Detroit photographer whose work I have admired for years (I actually bought one of his early photos and it hangs in my home) has started doing drone photography. A few of his photos are currently on exhibit at the Detroit Institute of Art (he also has some in their permanent collection).

https://www.brianday.org/detroitfromabove#4

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4094 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wonderful photos!

Thanks for posting them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post