well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So, some students ....

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, some students ....
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
really DON'T read the syllabus

Nice anecdote for something we in the professoriate have pissed and moaned about for eons!

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
I’d like to read the the New York Times article but I don’t want to enter my e-mail address and then get on their list and receive e-mail from them. Could you copy and paste the article so it’s right in your post instead? Thank you.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Not the NYT article, but the same story:

http://well-temperedforum.grou...0004433/m/1843917697

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yep, you beat me to it!

The CBC grabbed the story first!

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
One thing I learned early on in college was to never take a course in which a syllabus is not handed out on the first day of class.

I always read it because what’s on it is what’s expected of you. And exams can be based on what’s covered in the textbook, hand outs, and what’s said in class.

I don’t know why nobody took him up on his $50 offer. Maybe some read it but thought it was an April Fool’s day practical joke? Maybe some read it but didn’t bother to retrieve it figuring someone else would beat them to it?

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post