well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Organ Recital

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Organ Recital
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
It’s the conversation you have with old friends where you compare notes on aches, pains and medical procedures. My Uncle coined the phrase.

As for myself, I got a cortisone shot in each knee whisk I should have done years ago. I finally got put on BP meds, which I’ve been resisting. Took the home test for sleep apnea and will likely end up with a CPAP machine. Ack!

How ya doin’?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
It’s the conversation you have with old friends where you compare notes on aches, pains and medical procedures. My Uncle coined the phrase.

As for myself, I got a cortisone shot in each knee whisk I should have done years ago. I finally got put on BP meds, which I’ve been resisting. Took the home test for sleep apnea and will likely end up with a CPAP machine. Ack!

How ya doin’?
What took you so long?

At 45 I got my first cortisone shot to the knee. They said then I was too young for a knee replacement. 15 years later, they’re still saying the same thing.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple cortisones to the knee over the past few years. They work a treat.

Stick with the CPAP. It's worth the effort. You'll get to where you won't want to sleep without it. I even used it on the redeye back from Hawaii.

The newer BP drugs like Norvasc (Amlopidine) are really great. Low doses, no side effects. With it my BP is normally 106 over 60 vs. 135/85 with nothing.

My Favorite Redhead got a brand new hip about three weeks ago. She just crushed the recovery, averaging 2500 to 3000 steps a day. My challenge has not been so much helping her as keeping her from doing too much. I attribute it to her genetically stubborn determined disposition and two years of Pilates.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
When you start looking at a CPAP, stay far far away from adapthealth or any of their subsidiaries. Absolutely the most incompetent and screwed up company I have ever had the irritation of working with. Nearly a year of them f-ing up at every turn. They make comcast look like the pinnacle of customer service. From HIPAA violations in the first minute I walked in the door to indecipherable bills hiding overcharges to outright lies and a constant threat of sending customers to collections when they question an incorrect charge…

They. Are. A. Nightmare.

Stay away.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Fortunately no knee problems. Well, except for that busted ACL in the right knee, and the slight tear in the meniscus in the left knee ... Big Grin

BUT, they both feel fine and I don't do anything for them. I stopped running a few years ago for a wide set of reasons, but knee pain wasn't one of them. I can still ski. I just slap on a brace on the right knee, just in case.

Now, my lower back ...

Then there's all the stuff I do for my eyes.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post