well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My temp has gone up again this morning. (Edit: we’re fine :) )
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My temp has gone up again this morning. (Edit: we’re fine :) )
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Good. Went back out into the world Tuesday. Basically been stuck in the house for a month! We’ve been trying to walk several times a day. Steve says he feels like he’s at about 90% (he had it much worse than I did). I am not a nap person, and I feel like I need naps during the day. Butte is funny - some places feel like people get how seriously this is (about 1/2 the people at walmart were wearing masks), other places feel like its business as usual. Very weird. But we only have 11 cases in silver bow county, and that’s been holding steady for a few days - I think it may need to hit home for a few of these folks before they figure it out.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear you are both on the mend.

Did any of the people that Steve met with when he was still going to work end up getting the virus?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
One person that was in a large meeting with him the day he was at work (and came home sick) tested positive. But he did not sit close (physically) to that person at all, and all the people he was much closer to, in other meetings (the executive team, including the chancellor, who he spent 2 hours in a car with two days before he got sick) stayed healthy (and they all voluntarily quarantined for 14 days).

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Jodi, are you Steve "immune" to COVID-19 now?
What does the medical establishment tell you about what you can or cannot do now that you have both pulled through?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Testing positive after recovery

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Hoping at some point we can get a blood test for immunity. Steve should have some, we assume I will but don’t know fir sure.

Smiler Jodi

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I panicked when I first saw this thread title popped back up to the top of the list.

Glad it's not immediately true. Smiler

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I panicked when I first saw this thread title popped back up to the top of the list.

Me too!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Wondering if there have been any lingering effects? How are you both doing?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So far so good! It has been a little freaky reading about the possibility of the virus laying dormant and reactivating, however. HairRaising Occasionally get out of breath - like when marching up the hill to turn my horse out in the outdoor arena - it feels like more than normal (I had to stop halfway up a couple of days ago to catch my breath) but hard to tell if it’s leftover from the virus, or if it’s the fact that I sat for a month on my @ss in the recliner while we went through this. Big Grin

Steve’s been going into work mornings, and comes home at lunch, and his administrative assistant covers the office in the afternoon. He does his zoom meetings in the afternoon from the dining room table. He’ll start spending all day at his office next week. (His administrative assistants doctor told her she should not be around him until I’ve been without symptoms for 2 weeks, so he’s honoring that). Work has been extremely stressful - he says he’s having to make huge and serious decisions multiple times daily and that is taking its toll. What a nightmare this is for colleges and universities. (And most everybody else).

I am feeling lucky to live where I do now, and realizing I am much more of an introvert than I thought I was-my life has not changed that much, as far as what I do every day. We have never been “go out on the town” people, and our weekend trips are almost always outdoor kinds of things - is so easy to get outside here and not see anybody - that none of this has changed. My son, on the other hand, lives in an area where the outdoor hikes are crowded normally (outside of Seattle) so those trailheads have all been closed down.

Smiler Jodi

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I hope you'll have a chance to have antibody testing. A faculty member here was presumptive positive for covid based on symptoms. She was never tested because she didn't have risk factors etc. She and her husband went to get antibody testing last week iirc and both showed negative. The testing place didn't have any comments about the chance of false negatives for that kind of testing. But in any case...

I'm so glad both of you are so much better though!! Like you, I've found reading about all the scarier cases absolutely terrifying!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post