well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Racist Arab Shames Black Woman

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racist Arab Shames Black Woman
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12562 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Can't read the WP story (paywall), but I have read another story. What exactly makes this "racist"?

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10575 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It’s not racist, but a lot of people flout the no eating prohibition.

Look. This Metro has a crappy job and may well have a crappy life. I imagine I am better off.

So why would I want to risk costing someone her job? Why pick on those who are less well off and probably living a challenge every day? This infraction had nothing to do with safety, so go pick on the guy in a suit drinking his $4.00 Americano.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I imagine a lot of people on their way to work would love to wolf down their McMuffin on the train, but don't because they don't want a kerfuffle with the system. She sees an employee breaking the rule and wants to publicize the violation.

A) She probably knew that turning this person in anonymously would have had no effect. The only way to draw public attention to the issue was to go public

but ...

B) How on planet earth in May of 2019 could she NOT have realized that SHE would become the story instead.

What kind of cost/benefit analysis makes this a good decision? None that I can fathom.

On the other hand, imagine that she had photographed a white male worker breaking the rule. How many of the woke lefties currently commenting on her racist behavior would have come down on her? None, methinks. I imagine they would all have lined up behind her, defending her attack on privilege. The righty tighties, on the other hand, would have played the race card and defended the poor hapless low-paid worker.

Posts: 12562 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
"However, some have expressed support for Tynes’s actions. The self-described Metro watchdog Twitter account Unsuck DC Metro reposted and pinned (so that it would remain at the top of Web page) the photo of the Metro employee after Tynes deleted her tweet, and left the employee’s face fully visible. The caption read: “Nah.”

“NO one wants to watch you stuff your pie hole. NO one wants to smell your nasty food,” the account tweeted, adding in a reply that it was committed to leaving the photo online and “no one is getting in trouble for this. promise.”

The woman who did this is an instigator. She could have behaved with basic decency and taken this up directly with the employee, or simply complained to the employer privately. But, she decided to incite public protest against the employee. And, she achieved her goal.

Posts: 24753 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I can remember more than once getting on a subway car in which the air was saturated with the odor of grease and garlic. No kidding, someone was eating Chinese on their way to somewhere. There is a limit, after all. No, didn't say anything, but others took notice. An egg mcmuffin? It depends how crowded the train is. A crowded train is no place for a repast.

And if it's a system policy that no food shall be eaten on the subway, it is galling to see an employee scoffing down on the train.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10575 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
I can remember more than once getting on a subway car in which the air was saturated with the odor of grease and garlic. No kidding, someone was eating Chinese on their way to somewhere. There is a limit, after all. No, didn't say anything, but others took notice. An egg mcmuffin? It depends how crowded the train is. A crowded train is no place for a repast.

And if it's a system policy that no food shall be eaten on the subway, it is galling to see an employee scoffing down on the train.

Amen.

If it's a rule, it's critical that the people who might enforce the rule follow it themselves.

Posts: 45763 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
... and then have the woke crowd "call you" on your racism for pointing out that employees of the system are violating the rule. (Having said that I cannot fathom how Ms. Tynes figured that she wouldn't become the story instead).

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Why do the people who run to social media do this?

If you have a problem with a situation, tell management. Let them address it.

Why have your first action be to shame someone out of a job?

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My mistake. She spoke to the employee. Then she plastered the employee's face on the internet for the public to rally behind her cause. Pathetic.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The employee basically told her to bugger off. Then she plastered the employee's face on the internet.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Why do the people who run to social media do this?

If you have a problem with a situation, tell management. Let them address it.

Why have your first action be to shame someone out of a job?

Do you really think the firm would have done anything, absent the prod for the social media brouhaha? I wouldn't expect them to, and that's likely what Ms. Tynes thought. But again, how on earth in this day and age could she expect anything other than the sustained counterattack she got?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
This infraction had nothing to do with safety, so go pick on the guy in a suit drinking his $4.00 Americano.

Yeah, we'll be waiting until the 1st of never for this to happen.