well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I got a flu shot

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a flu shot
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
Pharmacist asked me if I wanted a free flu shot. Hell yes. So she put the needle in my shoulder without a cotton ball. It bled a lot. No matter. I got a $5 coupon to spend. There's got to be something worth $5 at the pharmacy.

Posts: 24835 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Got my second shingles shot along with the flu shot last week. I was pretty sore the next day...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7565 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Still have a bruise from the September 5th shot ingot

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25736 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Got my second shingles shot along with the flu shot last week. I was pretty sore the next day...

I want this.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I've read it's best to wait for the garden-variety flu shot until well into October if not later. That way you get the most up-to-date combinations and it somehow helps your resistance stay fresher.

Anyhow, I'm waiting.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I had the flu so bad a few years ago, I got over it in a week, but I promise you I felt the effects for six months.

It was miserable. I'll always get the vaccination and I want a shingles vaccination. I'll take the risks (whatever they might be) especially with people getting Covid by the 1,000's.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Amanda, I have usually waited till Oct to get my yearly flu shot, too, but decided that given the pandemic, I would get it now.

Got mine last week. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I will get mine as soon as the drive-through location here offers it. I haven't set foot in a building since March, and I'm hoping to keep my streak alive.

Posts: 45777 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I had the flu so bad a few years ago, I got over it in a week, but I promise you I felt the effects for six months.

It was miserable. I'll always get the vaccination and I want a shingles vaccination. I'll take the risks (whatever they might be) especially with people getting Covid by the 1,000's.
Got ours last week.

All you have to do is have the real flu once and you will never neglect the shot again. I missed at least a week of work and hurt in places I didn't know I had.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13584 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
As soon as I'm back stateside, I'm hoping to get both flu and shingrix shots. I've had zero success finding the shingles shot anywhere, though.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
As soon as I'm back stateside, I'm hoping to get both flu and shingrix shots. I've had zero success finding the shingles shot anywhere, though.

Where are you?

I got the Shingrix shots at Fred Meyer Pharmacy. If they don’t have any, you can get on their waiting list, and they let you know when they have it.

I was going to get a flu shot there today, but there was a line, so I’ll go another time.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9810 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Vancouver BC! I've heard that there are more shingles shots available now because people aren't going into the stores to get them, so I'm hoping that remains true.

In the olden days (pre-COVID) I used to be able to get my flu shot at work, but they're not doing the clinics this year. Too bad, it was super-convenient and appointment-driven.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vancouver BC! I've heard that there are more shingles shots available now because people aren't going into the stores to get them, so I'm hoping that remains true.

In the olden days (pre-COVID) I used to be able to get my flu shot at work, but they're not doing the clinics this year. Too bad, it was super-convenient and appointment-driven.

Hope you’re having a fun trip! I think Shingrix was in short supply for a while, but I don’t think it has been an issue here since they got it back in stock.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9810 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was finally able to get the shinGrix after a long time trying.

All about me...

Posts: 10335 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I’ll wear a mask, thanks.

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post