well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Left vs. Left

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left vs. Left
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
https://www.politico.com/news/...ng-the-left-00041627

The thing that is most destructive ... the attitude that, if you don't agree with us on every point, you are the enemy.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
That is an old trait of the left. It has been the way they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory too many times.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It's similar over here too, although perhaps not as bad. I suppose it's a matter of where you stand.

But there is a growing anti-Trump movement afoot. We are in bad need of a return to the center.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Heh. "Lumpers" and "splitters". back in the
Stone Age when I was working, we used those terms to describe different approaches to data modeling. I was a data modeling lumper but am a political splitter....

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Heh. "Lumpers" and "splitters". back in the
Stone Age when I was working, we used those terms to describe different approaches to data modeling. I was a data modeling lumper ...
I am intrigued, if you don’t mind, please tell me more!
(About that bit of data modeling history, not about the political stuff.) Feel free to start different thread for this if you wish. Thanks!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Lumpers and splitters in data modeling

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
That is an old trait of the left.
It's certainly not limited to the left. Both Stalin and Bush the younger said "if you're not completely with us, you're completely against us."

quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
That is an old trait of the left. It has been the way they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory too many times.
Bernie Sanders fanatics. In spades.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post