well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How are you managing?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you managing?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
So far I have avoided being put in a straitjacket.
Do they still use those?
When is starts closing in on me I do something other than what I was doing.
My toe is much better. Have been taking two mile walks this week.
Have learned how to enjoy Zoom AA meetings. There is a core of four regulars that keep them going.
Have used my rowing machine a few times.
Rearranged the garage.
Paperwork
Don overheard me talking to the piano dealer. I was asking about a consignment of my piano and he talked me out of it. Started working on a piece for what is now a virtual piano group.
Went to the audiologist's for work on a hearing aid and drove around a bit.
I isolate rather well. Have Don to talk to. Bob and I talk every few days and use email.
Get the second vaccination Wednesday. Wondering how that will change my perspective.
People will be in my home tomorrow to remeasure some windows. They will be wearing masks. Doors will be open. Ceiling fans will be on.
All of the windows and three sliding doors will be replaced.
Don't watch television often, except for about two hours most evenings. Staying engaged with something is much better.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Mr. AM and I still appreciate each other, even after 38 years of marriage and being locked down together. It helps that the house is big enough for us to each have a workspace (he has 2, one with a standing desk and one with a sitting desk). No, it’s not a huge house; we have grown kids who have moved out, so we reclaimed their rooms many years ago. Good thing we didn’t downsize to a smaller place!

We are both working from home, and we both like it. He doesn’t miss being in an office, and isn’t sure he wants to go back to one.

I’m teaching via Zoom a lot more than I did in person, and I set the parameters so it works for me; it’s been a good year in that respect.

I miss my kids. We see them outdoors in the back yard when it’s warm enough, and hand off things at the porch if it’s not. I still like making dinner for them once a week or two. We just don’t get to have it together.

I miss restaurants. And travel. We get groceries via pickup, and that usually works fine. The cats keep us amused.

I don’t miss the gym, but I do need to find some exercise besides walking and treadmill.

All that said, I am looking forward to getting vaccinated! I am in no special group, so it will be a while before that happens.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well enough. I do agree with you about the pandemic and economy, wtg.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post