well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Lessons learned from a failed ISA

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lessons learned from a failed ISA
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Income Share Agreement, that is. An alternative way to finance college that is more like equity than debt. You get money for college and pay back based on your income over time.

I always figured they'd never overcome the adverse selection problem, but there are many other issues this guy reviews in the thread.

https://twitter.com/seanlineha...bRhIPkCftm3-1y9RhrtA

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I haven't read the article (yet), but I have never really understood the ISA. We already have income-contingent repayment plans available from the federal government, and there is always to looming possibility of forgiveness at some point. Why get involved in a legally binding private sector agreement that is likely just as hard (or harder) to discharge?

Posts: 12573 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post