well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Brazilian official tests positive

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brazilian official tests positive
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Story is from a few days ago.

Just heard on Bloomberg News that he tested positive for COVID-19.

quote:
A Brazilian government official who attended an official meeting at Donald Trump's resort in Florida on Saturday and posted a photo of himself standing next to the U.S. president is being tested for coronavirus, the Folha de S.Paulo newspaper said on Wednesday.

Reuters could not independently confirm the report.

Fabio Wajngarten is Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro's communications secretary and he accompanied the far-right leader on a visit to Florida that included dinner with Trump at Mar-A-Lago.

In response to the article, Wajngarten wrote on Twitter that he is healthy. However, he did not deny that he tested for the virus after returning to Brazil.

In the column of journalist Monica Bergamo, the newspaper said Wajngarten was tested for coronavirus at the Albert Einstein Hospital in São Paulo on Wednesday and the result would be ready on Thursday. She did not cite any sources.

A spokesperson for the hospital could not confirm or deny the report. Wajngarten did not respond to requests for comment nor did Bolsonaro's office.

"Despite what the rotten media have already said about my religion, my family and my company, now they are talking about my health. But I am well," Wajngarten tweeted.

In the photo he posted on Instagram, Wajngarten is standing next to Trump wearing a "Make Brazil great again" cap. Vice President Mike Pence was next to Trump.

https://www.usnews.com/news/wo...or-coronavirus-paper

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
...was tested for coronavirus at the Albert Einstein Hospital in São Paulo on Wednesday...

I had an apartment a couple blocks from that hospital. I used to drive by it every day.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post