well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Deporting criminals and other dangerous people

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deporting criminals and other dangerous people
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Yeah, right.

quote:
More than 30 years after she left her native Philippines for a life in the United States, a 66-year-old pastor’s wife from Mount Prospect boarded an airplane to Manila Thursday afternoon after being deported by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

quote:
According to Del Rosario, the couple filed a family petition, called an I-130, in 2002, and it was approved. But because Bartolome had a removal order, she had to wait 10 years to receive a green card. The family had no money to hire a proper immigration attorney and thought that they had to refile the I-130 petition to apply for a green card.

They were called in for the I-130 interview by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, which notified ICE. After the I-130 interview, Bartolome was arrested and taken into custody.

“Everything about her case is approvable except for the fact that she didn’t get the right advice from the right people at the right time,” Del Rosario said. “She tried her best for the last 20 years to gain legal status in the U.S.”

She added: “If [this administration] is not going to exercise discretion on a person like this, who would they exercise discretion for?”

https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbe...e5-8b41-b78589ab521d

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Let's do it!

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post