well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My neighbors.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My neighbors.
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
So my next question is, is that observation connected to the fact that children (esp under 10 y/o) are thought to be less likely to transmit the disease or is it connected to something about how masks and spreading out make classrooms truly safe?

I don’t think this answer is known yet, it’s just the question that seems most relevant to my personal situation.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I have always bought my own groceries since COVID started. I go early or late if I can. And I step lively. No cart, just eco bags on my arm.

It seems like transmission occurs indoors, crowded places, lengthy exposure. I’m willing to do these 30 minute speed runs, but I am not doing Costco. Cant get in and out in 30 minutes this time of year.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
No Costco here either, except what I can order from them online.

I'll do Trader Joe's during senior hour on Sunday morning, but I'm not going to Costco.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We have been doing our own shopping as well, throughout the pandemic. Usually Mr. SK goes by himself, but I go if there's something I need.

We put hand sanitizer in the car, of course mask up, and don't dillydally...

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I've been doing instacart with curbside pickup. My heavens, what a life changing experience. I DESPISE going grocery shopping. I've noticed that we actually eat a bit better now, because I'm fine with just placing the order on line and picking it up, vs waiting until the last possible minute and trying to figure out if I can make dinner from rice, ketchup and some wilted scallions, which is all I have left in the pantry. So far everything has been great, good produce, etc. I think it's a great service. I can honestly see myself continuing it post-pandemic. That's how much I hate going grocery shopping.

The only goofy thing that happened--I wanted to order one of those bags of fingerling potatoes. So I went online, checked the spot that showed a 5-lb bag of fingerling potatoes, said quantity: 1.

When I unpacked the order, I got one fingerling potato. It looked like I had ordered a thumb. Hahahahahaha!

Honestly, who would buy one fingerling potato? Big Grin

Happy holidays, everyone!

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Costco senior hours have been great. The store that's five minutes away from us is a smallish one and never sees the traffic that others do, which makes it even better. I think it's probably me and like 50 or 75 other old farts in a huge building. I go at a little after 9 and am out before 10 when the store opens to the general public.

Same for Trader Joe's.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
figure out if I can make dinner from rice, ketchup and some wilted scallions

ROTFLMAO

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I've been doing instacart with curbside pickup. My heavens, what a life changing experience. I DESPISE going grocery shopping. I've noticed that we actually eat a bit better now, because I'm fine with just placing the order on line and picking it up, vs waiting until the last possible minute and trying to figure out if I can make dinner from rice, ketchup and some wilted scallions, which is all I have left in the pantry. So far everything has been great, good produce, etc. I think it's a great service. I can honestly see myself continuing it post-pandemic. That's how much I hate going grocery shopping.

The only goofy thing that happened--I wanted to order one of those bags of fingerling potatoes. So I went online, checked the spot that showed a 5-lb bag of fingerling potatoes, said quantity: 1.

When I unpacked the order, I got one fingerling potato. It looked like I had ordered a thumb. Hahahahahaha!

Honestly, who would buy one fingerling potato? Big Grin

Happy holidays, everyone!

I had the reverse: 5 pounds of potatoes, instead of 5 small potatoes. Oops.

I don’t mind grocery shopping, but the grocery pickup is pretty convenient, and I’ll be continuing that post-pandemic. I do run into the store for things they can’t substitute well, and they usually let me know what they don’t have before I pick up. It’s pretty efficient.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post