well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dogs in the Garden

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dogs in the Garden
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
The dogs have cornered some kind of critter in the garden and are making a mess. They're digging holes, trampling the garlic and oregano and trying to get under the rosemary bush.

I brought them inside and now my house smells like an Italian restaurant. Cool

[/url]

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I brought them inside and now my house smells like an Italian restaurant.

ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
That is Rosemary?!?!

Huge.

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
That's how rosemary grows in California! It can become a hedge!

Hey Steve, why not put rosemary and basil in pots and have it indoors. Then your place can smell like an Italian restaurant all the time. Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
What a gorgeous Rosemary bush!

Send them out regularly and you will have instant home refresheners!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I need to borrow them...I saw a small rabbit in the back garden area. There is never just one, ya know!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
I need to borrow them...I saw a small rabbit in the back garden area. There is never just one, ya know!

These dogs are better at chasing rabbits than they are at catching them. This is why they did not trample the basil.

I don't have any basil in my garden right now. The rabbits ate it. Mad

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
That's how rosemary grows in California! It can become a hedge!

The kind I have - "Tuscan Blue" - can grow to 6' high and some 6' in diameter. It's well suited to the climate - water it once or twice to get it started and it will survive on rainwater after that even during drought years. Caltrans uses it alongside freeways for erosion control for just this reason.

The kind of rosemary I am looking for however, is the kind they use in restaurants. It has a lot longer needle and a lot more flavor. Any idea what variety that is?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
As dog smells go, smelling like an Italian restaurant is not bad.
Bob has a rosemary bush that is about that size. Have not tried cooking with it yet.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post