well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Red Light Therapy Anyone?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Light Therapy Anyone?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Saw my brother-in-law at a family wedding recently.
He is having a Red Light Therapy pad sent to me.
RLT

My late sister was a big fan of miracle food supplements
that would cure anything in short order. She had thousands of containers of various supplement in her home.
I think that the Red Light Therapy pad will have all the magical healing properties of a heating pad, but at a much higher price.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with RLT?

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
RLT? - nope, none.

RLD? - umm, nope, not gonna answer that. Although I've heard this can be therapeutic. Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I thought this was going to be about the thing Tucker Carlson promoted that everyone is laughing about.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Kind of a weird tangent with a red light component.

A dear friend, one of my favorite people. She doesn’t believe in conventional medicine and won’t consult regular doctors. We wrangle on this, but she won’t be dissuaded. She eschews normal insurance and prefers alternative methods. That’s cool, but not how I roll. I’m a conventional medicine guy.

She got sick - really sick. It looked like an autoimmune issue. She swelled up to such an extent that that she looked like a monster. Hives. Rashes. We begged her to go to a real MD but she wouldn’t do it. She cut so many things from her diet that we wondered if she’d starve to death. We were really worried. Dropped out of society. Wouldn’t go to dinner, which she loved to do.

I’ll cut to the chase. One of her alternative healers noticed a discolored front tooth - a tooth she had put in as a child after some sort of childhood accident and recommended a holistic dentist in Portland. They traveled there and spent two weeks. The first treatment was red light. OK, fine. The second treatment was to pull that tooth - the infected one - the one that would have shown up in any white blood cell test 2 years earlier. Not rocket science, a simple blood test.

The result? 100% cured. That infected tooth was killing her. She credits red light but I don’t.

And I still advocate for her to get proper medical insurance.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
RLT? - nope, none.

RLD? - umm, nope, not gonna answer that. Although I've heard this can be therapeutic. Smiler

Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post