well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Merry Christmas! Show us your decorations!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas! Show us your decorations!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Pretty modest here, just a bunch of very old ornaments and some tacky Christmas tchotchkes from my childhood.

I took this photo of my little tree with the vintage ornaments. Hadn't yet gotten to putting on the star that goes on top when I took the photo...

A friend of my Mom's made the mouse on the left.

The tacky tinsely tree was always part of our Christmas decorations. And Mom loved the Bah Humbug candle.

I remember these from when I was really young. Candles (never lit) in the shape of little choristers and pine cones.

Another shimmery tree:

What do things look like at your house?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, that all looks lovely!

We're happy to be in a neighborhood where neighbors decorate outside. Next year we will as well! WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty minimalist these days. Here’s our tree, along with the cat that’s not allowed on the piano.

cat christmas by pianomom2001, on Flickr

And here’s our wreath outside.

knit fairy lights on wreath by pianomom2001, on Flickr

Here are the korknisse that I don’t have any more; I gave lots away and some became cat toys…accidentally.

korknisse by pianomom2001, on Flickr

I’m planning to make more. I seem to have a lot of corks.

Leaving

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Pay no attention to the section of lights that aren't working. They're the old school type where one bad bulb takes out the whole string and I haven't troubleshot them yet. Maybe next year.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
we're keeping it very simple this year:

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We did our usual Lithuanian fish fest last night, and I'm doing a standing rib roast for dinner today.

Merry Christmas to you all!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all!

My avatar notwithstanding, I also have only very modest Christmas decoration this year.

These LED lights do not diffuse as well as the older incandescent lights, so you see little blobs of lights on the wall as if shone by flashlights. Got another string of warm-white LED lights in front of the house and that's it. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Kept it small.
Found the cool Santa at the supermarket. Like the plaid.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I forgot the Christmas stockings! I knit all of these, and designed all but the pawprint stocking.

Christmas stockings by pianomom2001, on Flickr

Merry Christmas!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post