well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Yellowstone

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yellowstone
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
We watched two episodes last night and I’m not sure I’m going to watch any more. It’s certainly well written, and the cinematography is spectacular, but there isn’t a single character that I can admire or identify with. It’s about as dark as anything I have ever seen and makes me despair for the fate of my fellow man, particularly the ones who live in Montana.

Have you seen it? Does it get better?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It does not get any lighter, IMO. I watched it all. It develops a
pull on viewers.
Started another series that was darker. Cannot remember what it was.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Haven’t seen it. Heard it’s basically a soap opera. I started watching Outer Range last night. Western supernatural thriller. Not sure what to think about it - supposedly takes place in Wyoming (but shot mostly in New Mexico).

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of snowdog48
posted Hide Post
Everyone in MT is like Yellowstone. We elected a governor who assaulted a reporter, shoots wolves in traps, cougars treed by dogs. He doesn't believe in retirement or social security because Noah lived to be 600 years old and never quit, it says so in the Bible.

'1883' is the prequel,it's way darker, no one lives to be in the followup.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or you're going to get locked up.
Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 16 | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
He doesn't believe in retirement or social security because Noah lived to be 600 years old and never quit, it says so in the Bible.

ROTFLMAO

I'm sure Perri will chime in about Gianforte as well.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowdog48:
Everyone in MT is like Yellowstone. We elected a governor who assaulted a reporter, shoots wolves in traps, cougars treed by dogs. He doesn't believe in retirement or social security because Noah lived to be 600 years old and never quit, it says so in the Bible.

Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowdog48:

Are the women like Beth? Are many of the men like Rip? Asking for a friend.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post