well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Take a Stand 7! Whattle it be?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take a Stand 7! Whattle it be?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Looks like they don't make Postum any more. I remember it as being pretty good.

Still available.

quote:
Founders of Eliza’s Quest Foods brought Postum back to life in 2012 after being discontinued in 2007.

edit: I see some folks online saying that the new Postum isn't the same, or as good, as the old one was.

Looks like a number of stores in my area carry it. I don't remember ever having it.

https://postum.com/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post

I grind the beans in my 50-year-old hand grinder and pour by hand through the filter and cone.

I used to like French roast, but these days prefer a lighter dark. Hard to nail that exactly. I like La Colombe’s Corsica but order from various other roasters. La Colombe has free, fast shipping!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

I grind the beans in my 50-year-old hand grinder and pour by hand through the filter and cone.

I used to like French roast, but these days prefer a lighter dark. Hard to nail that exactly. I like La Colombe’s Corsica but order from various other roasters. La Colombe has free, fast shipping!

i like that tea kettle! what is it? i could use another.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
It’s an older photo. That kettle (Boni brand) died, and I scoured Chinatown to find a duplicate but it’s apparently discontinued. I bought a tall Bonavita to replace it, but I prefer the humble squat little kettle aesthetically!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Stash Earl Grey.

For a good time, Stash Double-Bergamot Earl Grey.

When the big store doesn't have it, I get English Breakfast. Or Twinings.

When I was working during and right after college, I drank five big cups of coffee a day. When I moved back to the Left Coast, I quit drinking coffee until I started working an office job again, then I could only have two cups a day or I'd be awake for a week. About four or five years ago, I quit drinking coffee and switched to tea. I have had maybe three cups of coffee in the last three years. I miss really good coffee, but, as I read in a cartoon once, "drinking decaf coffee is like preparing for a trip by putting Bosco in your gas tank."

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post