well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I ventured out for the first time in several weeks
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I ventured out for the first time in several weeks
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I decided to go to a couple of stores to restock some items. I took advantage of senior hours; there weren't many people and nearly everyone was wearing a mask.

Picked up these at Costco. Grilled marinated mushrooms. Button, portabello, oyster.

OMG, they are so good.

So now I can hide for another three weeks; there's more than enough food for quite a while.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yummy

Getting treats is so important right now!! Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It's scary out there!

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mik - Big Grin

I have to say that I really feel a bit stressed going out to shop. People are generally being very considerate and following guidelines but there are the occasional jerks. You really have to be a defensive shopper in order to avoid getting close to other people. When I get home I take off my shopping clothes and they go straight in the wash. We try to clean the groceries and/or set them aside for a few days before we put them away.

I'm wondering how well this is going to go as things start opening up and more folks get out there. I know they're going to try to get people to wear masks, but I'm wondering how good the compliance will be.

I went to Mariano's (a Kroger-owned grocery chain in my area) during senior hours. Not a lot of shoppers and almost all were wearing masks. There were plastic guards at the registers and the cashiers had gloves and masks.

OTOH, I saw lots of Mariano's employees re-stocking inventory, and most of them weren't wearing masks nor were they practicing social distancing. That was worrisome.

Costco seemed to have a much better handle on procedures.

I think we'll just be staying home for quite a while, regardless of who says they're opening things up. And hopefully taking advantage of things like Imperfect Foods and the kindness of friends and neighbors.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
We got asked to stay home from grocery stores this week.

Ma. Is now 3 rd highest in the country. Anyone ever mention that? Nope.

More than 32,000

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Not that I have been grocery shopping, but the freezer is getting used up!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Shopping is a bit like playing Pac-Man these days - running around trying to get everything you need without getting too close to someone that might be contagious!

We've gone shopping during some 'senior hours' too and were worried about the pinch-points with the stockers planted half-way in an aisle...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
It's scary out there!

hysteric

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Are your stores putting arrows down to make aisles one way? One store here is doing that.

But it is a concern, and the fear is justified, unfortunately.

The discrepancy in “sensibility” from one person to the next makes it hard.

When our neighbor, his son, and the guy we had chainsawing our fallen tree were all in the yard at the same time today, I could tell they weren’t really paying any attention to social distancing. None of them were wearing masks either.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
We got asked to stay home from grocery stores this week.

Ma. Is now 3 rd highest in the country. Anyone ever mention that? Nope.

More than 32,000

I am very aware of those stats. Very concerned about the son repairing bikes for Blue Bikes outside of Boston. He says they spray all the bikes down with alcohol before they bring them in the (large) shop, and give them protective gear but all the same...! I keep thinking of all those strangers' bike seats and more he's exposed to. Frowner

(And the other son lives in Santa Clara County, CA - one of the hottest spots in the country! He took himself away to an AirBnB almost a month ago, but plans to return at the end of April. Frowner Frowner )

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Today's adventure out...

WISH I COULD SHARE PICS...

Getting grand bank huge scallops right off the boat!

Wasn't as pleasant as last year...ordered, pick up was at the boat, but...

Too many people...on the pier I was 30th in line...almost took an hour as this was their first attempt doing this

Last year it was so much fun just going to the boat and no wait.

They are premium and have limits for catch...not even 2 weeks before fished out.

Guess what's in the oven for dinner!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Today's adventure out...

Too many people...on the pier I was 30th in line...almost took an hour as this was their first attempt doing this

They are premium and have limits for catch...not even 2 weeks before fished out.

Enjoy. I am jealous. That admission should mae them even better. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25720 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
It's scary out there!

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25720 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Getting treats is so important right now!!
I am addicted to the Wonderful Salt & Pepper pistachios that Costco carries. I just opened my second-to-the-last bag.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Today's adventure out...

I can be to Lowell in...in... 13 hours. Dang.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post