well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    For those in the path of Gail

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those in the path of Gail
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
You ready?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
no...

WhoMe

Two maybe back-up snow removers, the students I'd lined up having gone home owing to a combination of COVID and the holidays.

Oh, for the good ol' days when either I could remove my own snow or my sturdy sons could! I'm especially not looking forward to the ice expected to coat the snow (which is foretold to get up to two feet. Far and away the most snow we've had in over a decade.)

Hoping I can avoid heavy branches falling in bad places, as well as losing power. It's expected to be cold too!

Assembling misc. equipment as best I can before and after sons and I ZOOM light the sixth night candles for Hannukah.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's right; it's Hanukkah....I almost forgot....

Stay safe in the storm!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes. The northeast is really getting hammered.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
We got two feet of snow.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
We got hammered...a long storm with high winds.

Horrid. But fun to see the white stuff flying every which way.

Thank goodness the plow came! The street plow left snow up to my waste!

Can't see out the windows and now it all frozen...

House and cottage walls covered. Couldn't even get out to take pics. Wind and snow until dark, from dark last night!

Didn't loose power. Didn't loose trees.

Phew!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
We got two feet of snow.

HA!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
jon - Big Grin

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Smiler Smiler Smiler

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Jon, c'mon, that looks like 4-5 feet of snow ...

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Binghampton NY and parts of Vermont got 40 inches.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Eeker

quote:
A New York man is recovering from hypothermia and frostbite after a snow plow buried him in his car and trapped him for 10 hours during the snow storm that hit the northeast this week, according to the New York State Police.

Good thing he couldn't run the engine. He would have died of carbon monoxide poisoning....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...-buried-him-n1251680

Bazootiehead-in-training