well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Good fiction anyone?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good fiction anyone?
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I just finished Relics. It was in my travel bag, so I only read it on airplanes and in hotels. It took me about three years.

I'd be so lost. I can't remember what I read last week.
If I left off in the middle of a chapter, I’d go back and re-read from the beginning of that chapter. That’s part of the reason it took so long. And I’m a slow reader.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Highly recommended to me: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. I have it reserved from the library (for Kindle). I also reserved his Rules of Civility, which will come to me quicker, since it’s older and not in demand. Have you read these?

A friend recommended A Gentleman in Moscow. She loved it. Could not get interested.

I just read Rules of Civility in 2 days. It took me a little while to get into it, and then I inhaled the rest. Liked it a lot.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post