well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    what if you can't use Uber or Lyft?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what if you can't use Uber or Lyft?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Maybe too obvious, but have you tried deleting and reinstalling both apps?

Yes, done this several times actually. I was going to try to cancel my account and make a new one but the customer service chat guy said that if I do that, they will not allow me to make a new account for 30 days (bc the phone number is the same). Although after this trip, if it's not resolved, that's what I'm going to try net.

quote:
Under settings, do you have location service and cellular data set to “allow”?

yes and I just double checked again.

I've done all the obvious things (including uninstall/reinstall, delete CC and re-add, edit CC, change password, try from laptop/browser, try from phone app, try from phone browser...

It's very odd, esp. bc both Uber and Lyft are the same.

but i don't think it's the CC, bc when we traveled last month (or March I guess), we added the app to Mr SK's phone (he hadn't had it previously) and t's the same CC acct, and it works fine for me.

I'm just on this business trip by myself right now...

btw i'm at the hotel now, used the hotels' recommended taxi, it was $15 (plus tip). Uber would have been closer to $10.

Could be worse.

I'm going out in a bit and will try Curb next.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18473 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
No curb here.
But my Lyft app worked!! I don’t know why or how but whew, that’s a relief. Uber is still giving me the same error though.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18473 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post