well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Covid is a hoax and I can prove it!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Covid is a hoax and I can prove it!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Breakthroughs:

quote:
How common are breakthrough cases of COVID?

A study in Washington state gathered data from over 4 million fully vaccinated people. The data showed a rate of about 1 in 5,000 experienced a breakthrough infection between January 17 and August 21, 2021. More recently, some populations have shown breakthrough infection rates of approximately 1 in 100 fully vaccinated people.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or...us-after-vaccination

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the slow response.

I got my info on the monoclonal antibodies from the Regeneron fact sheet put out by the manufacturer. That was my only source.

Regarding the lower viral load from vaccinated people, I think that was a news report last week. Not sure, though.

I didn’t notice the loss of smell until I got hone from urgent care. I walked around the house sniffing things, like a bottle of scotch. Nothing.

I noticed it had returned the other day. I made Mac and cheese, and when I entered the kitchen to remove it from the oven, I could smell it.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I misspoke. The part about making you more susceptible to COVID was here: the HHS site.

“These are not all the possible side effects of antibody treatment. Serious and unexpected side effects may happen. Some possible risks from antibody treatment are:
It may interfere with your body's ability to fight off a future infection of SARS-CoV-2.
It may reduce your body’s immune response to a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2.”

https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/i-...19-positive-patients

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

I didn’t notice the loss of smell until I got hone from urgent care. I walked around the house sniffing things, like a bottle of scotch. Nothing.

I noticed it had returned the other day. I made Mac and cheese, and when I entered the kitchen to remove it from the oven, I could smell it.
Darn. I was gonna say that if you aren't going to drink that Scotch, you can send it my way.

Glad to hear you may be returning to normal.

I saw an article last year about checkpoints in South Korea where they had a couple bottles of different liquids and people had to sniff them and correctly identify them. Thinks like vinegar, garlic oil, mint... everyday things. It was probably the least expensive COVID screening program ever.

My step-daughter's father works in a mine. He lost his sense of smell last year and his sense of taste has just been way off. In mines, they use a lot of signal gas or warning gas -- like how natural gas for your home appliances has no natural smell, so they add mercaptan so we can small a gas leak. But if you can't smell, you can't smell the warning gas. Not good.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:

My step-daughter's father works in a mine. He lost his sense of smell last year and his sense of taste has just been way off. In mines, they use a lot of signal gas or warning gas -- like how natural gas for your home appliances has no natural smell, so they add mercaptan so we can small a gas leak. But if you can't smell, you can't smell the warning gas. Not good.

I had a friend in grad school who just naturally had very little sense of smell - she was born like that. She moved into a new house and I remember going over to visit her like a week after she moved in. The whole house reeked of natural gas - it was extremely scary....I scooted us both out onto the street and we got a neighbor to call 911. The house had a circa 1950s gas stove and the pilot light had apparently gone out but she never realized it because she could not smell (and she obviously didn't cook much either, LOL!) Her reaction: "now that you mention it, I have had a bit of a headache for the past few days." Yikes!

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
So, what is known about getting a booster after a breakthrough? Nothing?

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
My husband just had breakthrough covid after 2 shots of Pfizer back in April/May. He was told to wait at least 90 days (I think - I'll double check on the exact time length) before getting the booster. He did not get the antibodies because he never got super sick so I don't know if that would change things or not. As far as I know, the doctors are all still encouraging the booster.

His sister, who caught Covid at at the same funeral as Mr. Lisa but was not vaccinated, was much much MUCH sicker to the point where she was struggling hard to breathe and couldn't even get out of bed to use the bathroom. She did end up getting the antibodies -- honestly, they are probably the only reason she didn't end up on a vent. She was told in no uncertain terms to get herself vaccinated after recovering but there was a waiting period -- can't remember if it was 90 days or 6 months.

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are getting better, Cindy!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regarding the lower viral load from vaccinated people, I think that was a news report last week. Not sure, though..

Hot off this week's Lancet presses...

quote:
Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory.

https://www.thelancet.com/jour...(21)00648-4/fulltext

Of course there could be a new study with contradictory results next week.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Glad to hear you are getting better, Cindy!

Thanks! I don't know what on earth is going on with this virus, though. It really is the wild west. MS (age 27) is fully vaccinated maybe 5 months ago, but she got a booster last Thursday because she has a history of asthma. She believes she had Covid already because she and her boyfriend had it last year and she had all of the Covid signs; he tested positive and she tested negative.

Today, she got a Covid test because she has been feeling out of sorts all week, fatigue, coughing. If she really has Covid, I will just throw my hands up. Partially because it seems like no one really knows what's going on with these vaccines, and partly because it may mean we have to cancel our trip to Spain next week.