well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Booster anyone?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Booster anyone?
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted
In a few weeks, I will be six months out from my second shot. I got Moderna. My health care provider just sent me an e-mail saying they are giving boosters now, and by their criteria, I am eligible.

Just wondering if anyone here has gotten one, and if so, what were the side-effects? I had some hard flu-like symptoms after the second shot and spent two days in bed.

...And a bit of humor seen on buzzfeed from twitter: In Britain you can get a booster shot, but it is spelled "Borcestershire".

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
In Britain you can get a booster shot, but it is spelled "Borcestershire".

ROTFLMAO

I am eligible bc of my profession. I got my second Moderna shot at the beginning of April so I'm also just over 6 months out.

I keep flip-flopping about whether to get the booster or not.

One of my classes, the one with 50+ students that I call my superspreader class, has not had a new student going into quarantine in about a week now. If that class was still having multiple students testing positive every week the way it was a few weeks ago, I probably would feel differently, but right now I don't feel like getting the booster is urgent.

BTW PJ, did you read the last gew posts in WTG's Covid odds and ends thread? She posted some relevant and thought-provoking articles and comments, take a look if you haven't already.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18519 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My friend was knocked on her butt for several days after her second Moderna. She had the whole chills and extreme fatigue reaction. Really sore arm, too.

She decided to get the Moderna booster because it's not easy to get the vaccine where she lives (in Sequim). There are also a lot of anti-vaxxers in Clallam County, so the virus is moving around pretty freely. On top of that, she likes to pop down to Seattle for the symphony and other events on a semi-regular basis. So getting the booster now makes a lot of sense because of her situation.

She got the booster on Friday and felt a little tired Saturday and Sunday, but nothing like her reaction to the second shot. Except her arm is pretty sore. She was wondering what it is in the COVID vaccine that makes your arm hurt. She said she got her flu vaccine a week before and there was no arm discomfort at all.

One thing to consider is that the Moderna booster is half the dose of the initial shots. Might be fewer side effects?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37939 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'll be getting my third dose of Moderna as soon I get off my butt and go over to the pharmacy. They give 40 doses per day, first come first served. If you don't get there early in the morning, they've given out their 40 slots for shots that day. If you get one of the passes, you can come back at any point in the day to get the booster.

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I'll be getting my third dose of Moderna as soon I get off my butt and go over to the pharmacy. They give 40 doses per day, first come first served. If you don't get there early in the morning, they've given out their 40 slots for shots that day. If you get one of the passes, you can come back at any point in the day to get the booster.

I got my Pfizer booster 15 minutes after it became available.

No problems.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of another humorous tidbit from a while back:

“Got Pfizer. Pno pside effects pso pfar.”

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
We had a table at the health event a week ago, at a ribbon cutting for a new fitness walk in a local park. There were free vaccines and boosters offered.

I asked but was refused because I had the J&J. Since the CDC had not yet offered official guidelines, they were not allowed to give it to me. My executive director got hers, she was the ONLY customer at the event. Frowner

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Reminds me of another humorous tidbit from a while back:

“Got Pfizer. Pno pside effects pso pfar.”

Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I need to get the booster. Given how I reacted to the second Moderna shot, I want to do it on a Friday, so I'll have the weekend to lie around acting like I'm dying and having Mary Anna take care of me.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
I received my third Pfizer COVID-19 shot (second booster shot six months after the first booster shot) yesterday. The hospital which administered the shot to me had a sign up stating that with each progressive COVID-19 shot you take, the more acute the reaction is likely to be.

For me:
First shot: no reactions
Second shot: a little fatigue
Third shot: much more fatigue but nothing overwhelming to keep me in bed.

I still have to get a regular flu shot but I’m going to wait a couple of weeks.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Mr. Sphinx received his third Pfizer this morning.

He just came home and went to bed.

He doesn't look so good.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Got my booster Oct. 1.
Side effects were worse than after the second shot.
I sat around feeling tired, but no whinging.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Got my Pfizer booster a couple of weeks ago - tiny soreness in my arm is about it. MrsTuner is getting her Moderna booster tonight.

Now for the crazy recommendation:
Thuja occidentalis 6C is a homeopathic container of little round sugar pills. One of MrsTuner's yoga/ayurvedic friends recommended it for any vaccine - they use it for dogs too...

Anyway, 5 little sugar bombs under the tongue 4x/day for 4 days before and after vaccine.

I don't believe in that kind of 'medicine', but neither of us, nor anyone that has tried it has had any vaccine reactions - even after having a reaction to the first shot and then trying Thuja for the second.

I figured it couldn't hurt, so gave it a try!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Both my wife and I got our Pfizer booster shots about a week ago. I noticed some soreness around the injection site after a day or so. It lasted for a day or so. My wife had no immediate reaction, but complained of fatigue and general aches after a couple of days. Those symptoms have mostly vanished now.

We have been going to concerts recently where vaccination and masks are required, so we are hoping to enjoy as much immunity as possible. I am also scheduled for total joint replacement on my right knee in 8 days, so I don't want any sudden infection to disrupt that schedule.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that someone here has had knee replacement…maybe ron? Perhaps they can pass along some tips for speeding the recovery…

In any event, good luck with your surgery!

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37939 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post