well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Google ad settings

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google ad settings
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
My brother's family came over for dinner last night. His kids showed me how to see what Google knows about me and how to change it. It's kind of fun - nothing sinister going on - but I do wonder where they got some of the information.

Easy enough:

1. Sign in to your Google account. If you don't think you have a Google account you'll be surprised when you set up a password for it and see your profile.

2. Go to: (seems to work in any browser)

www.adsettings.google.com/authenticated

There you can see everything Google thinks it knows about you, mostly based on internet searches you've performed and advertisements you've clicked. In my case a few really odd things came up, and I was able to delete them.

Did you find anything interesting?

[edit]: Looks like that doesn't always work. Another way to do it is to go to a Google search page, sign in and then Google adsettings from the search bar within the Google page.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Google thinks I’m over 45 years old? Where the hell would they get that?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post