well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Other Costs of Coronavirus

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Other Costs of Coronavirus
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Interesting and not at all surprising. How many potentially exposed people will not seek medical attention at all, because they're un/underinsured or here illegally?

Health care should transcend this sort of stuff.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Antivirals are not approved for the corona virus.
What can a doctor do for victims of the virus?
Advise Tylenol and ibuprofen?

"For the patients who go to the hospital, they're being treated for their symptoms. For example, hospitals can provide patients ibuprofen for pain, fluids if they have diarrhea, breathing support if the coronavirus causes pneumonia, and an intravenous drip if they have low blood pressure."

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Someone made the point that the lack of sick days in the food service industry won’t help containment efforts.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Antivirals are not approved for the corona virus.
What can a doctor do for victims of the virus?
Advise Tylenol and ibuprofen?

"For the patients who go to the hospital, they're being treated for their symptoms. For example, hospitals can provide patients ibuprofen for pain, fluids if they have diarrhea, breathing support if the coronavirus causes pneumonia, and an intravenous drip if they have low blood pressure."

I suggest aspirin. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. Unless...

/gallows humor

Seriously though, thanks. I didn't know antivirals weren't approved for the coronavirus.

I think I'm either in shock or numb. It's working for me so far. The coronavirus seems a little unreal to me at this point. I am getting increasingly concerned...

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Someone made the point that the lack of sick days in the food service industry won’t help containment efforts.

The mumps is spreading at a big local resort. So far 35 there have been employees. Now 2 non-employees have it. It was a total of 17 a few days ago.
Was not disclosed how many are in food service.
Those people cannot afford to miss a day of work. Sick days are limited.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

The mumps is spreading at a big local resort. So far 35 there have been employees. Now 2 non-employees have it. It was a total of 17 a few days ago.
Was not disclosed how many are in food service.
Those people cannot afford to miss a day of work. Sick days are limited.

Hmm...Mumps? This leads me to believe the victims may also be immigrants who never had the MMR vaccine?

Just another argument for healthcare for all no matter what.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Saw a darkly humorous tweet:

The smart thing to do is cough on a rich person and let them get tested’.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jon... ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post