well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dumb question du jour

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb question du jour
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
What is "wi-fi" calling?

How is it different than regular calling?

Why would I want to use one over the other?

Thanks.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
As I understand the term...

It means your phone uses the wifi rather than a cellular signal to make voice calls.

It saves data for those that are on pay-as-you-go plans, or are in a area of weak cell service.

When we were overseas, we turned of cell service but could still make calls when in a wifi area

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
we have to use wifi calling from our house because we have poor cell service out here.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Is WiFi calling possible from a cell phone?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yes, that’s how we use our cell phones at home. Same problem as pique, weak cellular signal.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I need to figure out how to do that.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A pretty good primer:

https://www.howtogeek.com/7947...at-is-wi-fi-calling/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post