well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The story of Aldi grocery stores
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The story of Aldi grocery stores
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
$300 in stuff I didn't know I needed when I walked in.

ROTFLMAO

I never do that. Ok, I lied, I do that all the time... Leaving

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
Aldi’s uses the model of a military base commissary. Its no-frills shopping and minimalist in terms of product selection. Aldi’s usually carries only one brand/size of something, for example mayonnaise, instead of twenty different brands/sizes like at a chain supermarket.

All of the Aldi’s located near me have expanded their stores to accommodate more aisles and shelves. They appear to be getting brisk business. I wish the stores had a deli counter. Aldi’s also has an entire aisle dedicated to non-regularly stocked merchandise which I think is too much space. It consists of things that you can find in a dollar store or a big box store like Walmart’s.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Thanks-- I was wondering what the Aldi model was. I've seen ads here, but no stores.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post