well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Last Words of a Russian Soldier

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Words of a Russian Soldier
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Apparently true, and said to be consistent with what Russian POWs are saying.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
If true.

This was posted by a Ukrainian ambassador, without any credible information about the source.

The amount of mis- and dis-information flowing out of Russia/Ukraine is staggering.

Have you seen any confirmation about the claims, supposedly supported by unnamed "US officials" that Ukraine downed two giant IL-76 transports full of paratroopers? No? I haven't either.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Ukraine misinformation

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Ukraine is claiming that Russia has unleashed thermobaric bombs. Is that possible? Yes indeed. Is there any credible evidence yet? Nope.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it's been said since the first battle fought with sticks and stones: The first casualty of war is the truth.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
In a similar vein

A launcher of thermobaric missiles supposedly abandoned by the Russians and captured by the Ukrainians. One wonders if the photo is shopped, or from some earlier time frame.

If true, and the Ukrainians know how to work it, they could do immense damage to any compact mass of Russian troops ... especially if the Russians unleash a thermobaric barrage first.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Can they get the bombs for it?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
No. And they are horrific weapons.

What is a Thermobaric Bomb

Interspersed with lots of other stuff you'll find a good video description of how a thermobaric weapon works.

Thermobaric explosion