well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "Your mother wears army boots!"

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Your mother wears army boots!"
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Sparky strikes again.

quote:
President Donald Trump unleashed fresh attacks on Marie Yovanovitch Friday, the former U.S. ambassador he ousted in May as his associates began pressuring the new Ukrainian president to investigate Joe Biden, accusing her of refusing to hang a photo of himself in the Ukrainian Embassy and saying she “was not an angel.”

"This ambassador that, you know, everybody says is so wonderful, she wouldn't hang my picture in the embassy,” Trump said in a phone interview on “Fox & Friends," without offering any evidence of his claim. “She is in charge of the embassy. She wouldn't hang it. It took like a year and a half, two years to get the picture up.”

quote:
The claim that Yovanovitch refused to hang Trump's portrait echoes similar complaints from earlier in his tenure when Trump's official portrait was reportedly missing from thousands of government offices — until the White House released portraits of the president nine months after he was sworn in.

https://www.politico.com/news/...p-yovanovitch-072865

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37879 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I wonder who feeds Trump the "information" behind his stupid lies. It's a fact that many embassies didn't immediately hang photos because, well, Trump and Pence didn't sit for one. But someone had to tell Trump that the embassy in Ukraine didn't hang his picture, and that person had to omit the little detail about Trump's delayed sitting as the reason. Someone had to feed him a 1/4 truth and hint at the nefarious subplot so he would explode on Twitter.

Who is that someone? Is it just the pablum deliverers on Fox & Friends? Or is someone on the inside of the administration laying the groundwork for these tweet explosions?

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post