well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Who's watching the Artemis launch tomorrow?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's watching the Artemis launch tomorrow?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
How to watch NASA's Artemis 1 moon mission launch live in a 360-degree VR experience

NASA's Artemis 1 moon mission is ready launch into space this week and you can take part in a ringside experience live.

"Artemis Ascending" will use 360-degree virtual reality to let participants feel like they're standing near the Artemis 1 mission as it lifts off no earlier than Monday (Aug. 29). You'll be able to virtually witness NASA's most powerful rocket yet, the Space Launch System (SLS) megarocket, as it lifts the Orion spacecraft on a journey to the moon. Liftoff is set for 8:33 a.m. EDT (1233 GMT).

Felix&Paul Studios aims to bring the launch to viewers who have access to Oculus Quest headsets(opens in new tab) or can watch it on the Space Explorers Facebook page(opens in new tab). The event will begin at 7:33 a.m. EDT (1133 GMT) and run through the final countdown and launch. You can also watch it at one of 200 domes and planetariums around the world.

I'll watch it from home.

quote:
If you're looking for a non-VR livestream of the launch, you can watch the Artemis 1 liftoff on Space.com, courtesy of NASA TV, starting at 6:30 a.m. EDT (1030 GMT).

https://www.space.com/nasa-art...cket-launch-webcasts

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I would, but I will be advising students all morning.

Posts: 12559 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks, will be up on puppy duty. Must remember to watch.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25726 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Launch was scrubbed for today.

quote:
Fuel leaks have forced NASA to scrub the launch of its new moon rocket on a no-crew test flight.

The next launch attempt will not take place until Friday at the earliest.

https://apnews.com/article/nas...968af8869950909a212c

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Scrubbed again.

quote:
The second launch attempt of Artemis 1 from Kennedy Space Center on Saturday was unfortunately unsuccessful.

According to NASA, a hydrogen leak was detected in the supply side of the 8-inch quick disconnect while attempting to transfer fuel to the rocket.

https://www.wesh.com/article/a...ch-scrubbed/41071794

Bazootiehead-in-training

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Hydrogen leak.

Apparently, the manufacturing QC is not good with this vehicle.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Aren't delays like this commonplace with NASA? After all, it is rocket science

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 385 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Lol.

Posts: 24753 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
They're now saying the launch may be delayed significantly. I think the next option isn't until October.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post