well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    For the frugal among us

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the frugal among us
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Free or cheapo streaming.

I hadn't realized how many free streaming services are out there. They typically have ads but that doesn't bother me. The movie selection isn't fabulous, but there are some decent older movies that are available.

Tubi
PlutoTV
Plex
Roku

Peacock is included for free with our Comcast cable TV, but they don't really have many good movies.

And...

Not free, but cheap (at least for a month)....for anyone who is interested in watching some Disney stuff....Disney+ is available for $1.99 for one month; it goes up to the regular $7.99 price after that if you don't cancel. The Beatles documentary Get Back will be released on November 25th, so I signed up.

The Disney offer is good through this Sunday, November 14th.

And...

I want to watch Big Night, a movie with Stanley Tucci, and when I did a search for "where can i watch Big Night", it came up on Kanopy. turns out my suburban library subscribes to Kanopy. We can watch up to ten movies a month. I created an account and set it up on Roku so we can watch it.

And...

Roku has offers for 30 day free trials for some of the premium streaming channels like Showtime. If you have Roku, check it out!

ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
One more.

IMDbTV

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Ad-supported Hulu - .99 a month, for a year.

https://www.hulu.com/welcome

Other streaming deals:

https://news.yahoo.com/black-f...es-99-130028258.html

I also got a code from Acorn TV (tons of British shows); our library used have a subscription so I set up an account. a long time ago. The library dropped the subscription so I haven't logged in for a while.

Not sure if this code is good for people who are already signed up as member or if anyone can use it.

FRIDAY50 for 50% off a one year subscription. Code is good until December 3.

https://acorn.tv/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And from WaPo, great deal for Premium Digital, either $.99 a month or $9.99 a year (click on Monthly plans or Yearly plans). That includes a bonus subscription you can give to someone.

https://subscribe.washingtonpo...ion=&arcId=undefined

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not free, but cheap (at least for a month)....for anyone who is interested in watching some Disney stuff....Disney+ is available for $1.99 for one month; it goes up to the regular $7.99 price after that if you don't cancel. The Beatles documentary Get Back will be released on November 25th, so I signed up

Glad we only spent a $1.99. I think we made it through 20 minutes of Get Back before we turned it off.

There's no way I could make it through the other 7 hours and 40 minutes....

Bazootiehead-in-training