well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Golden Gate Bridge now plays creepy music

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golden Gate Bridge now plays creepy music
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
Engineers updated the railings on the golden gate bridge to handle wind better but didn't realize the new design would act as the world's loudest wind instrument. This is pretty wild, but I'd imagine it would get annoying very fast if you lived there!

https://www.cnet.com/news/san-...-makes-creepy-music/

Watch the Mark Kreuger video taken from the bike path itself - wow!!!

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Walking around Chicago on windy days, there are a number of uncapped street signs that will whistle...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Since I don't live near there, I can say that it's cool (as opposed to annoying). If they haven't "fix" it by my next visit to the SF Bay Area, that'd be my reason to visit the Golden Gate Bridge again. Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Apparently you don't have to visit the bridge. It's audible from miles away. Might be cool to listen from the top of Coit Tower.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That is wild. Sounds like something out of the old videos games Myst and Riven. But it might drive me crazy to listen to it every day...

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post