well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Agreeable Gray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Agreeable Gray
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Colors are tricky. I find the beige to be a bit muddy, where the gray is a much clearer color. I do prefer clearer colors.

You see color like I see light.

Somewhere I have two pictures taken one after the other. One is with the overhead lighting turned on and the other is with the light coming from the fireplace and various lamps. The one lit by lamps is much warmer and more inviting.

Sharon likes the overhead lights - bright and crisp. I think they wash out all of the colors and make people want to wear baseball caps.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
The NY subway has grayish fluorescent lighting in its cars. It’s remarkable how it makes everyone’s face look terrible, across all skin colors.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Colors are tricky. I find the beige to be a bit muddy, where the gray is a much clearer color. I do prefer clearer colors.

You see color like I see light.

Somewhere I have two pictures taken one after the other. One is with the overhead lighting turned on and the other is with the light coming from the fireplace and various lamps. The one lit by lamps is much warmer and more inviting.

Sharon likes the overhead lights - bright and crisp. I think they wash out all of the colors and make people want to wear baseball caps.

I don't care for overhead lighting unless it is dimmable and aimed somewhere that needs to be accented.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ha! I just changes several down lights to spots aimed at artwork. Liked it so munch I bought more spots.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Late to this thread but I feel like this belongs here.
https://arstechnica.com/inform...e-hilariously-wrong/

Posts: 4403 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
hysteric

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Home owner: what colors do you recommend for our entry way?

Interior Decorator: I would go with Turdly and Stanky Bean, those colors are really popular right now!

hysteric

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Late to this thread but I feel like this belongs here.
https://arstechnica.com/inform...e-hilariously-wrong/

POTD POTM Really great post....

ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I took weeks choosing what greyish color to pain my basement walls after having the floor painted a beighish-grey color (different kinds of paint).

But I think Steve Jobs wins the persnickety beige choosing contest.

Steve Jobs choosing the color for the apple

quote:
Apple's manufacturing partner had 2,000 shades of beige. None of them were good enough. So he came up with his own.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post